Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Really great things about the south

This is the first part in a many part series on things that I (or any of the Davises) think are great about the south...prepare yourself.
 
1. Fireflies.
This is pretty much the view we had last night as we were sitting around the firepit.
Everyone was trying to catch them. Five of the hundreds of attempts were successful.
 
This is how they looked inside
 
Honestly, the picture is not mine (as there are more than five fireflies). We were too busy enjoying the moment to take a picture. Danny was very excited, but the most endearing moment was when I found Scott, after the kids went to bed, sitting on the bed in our room with the lights off watching the light show (no fireflies in Florida - poor baby). We get to see this all summer!
 
2. Boston ferns
 
 
They just LOOK so southern. I love to see them hanging outside the grocery stores, on front porches, etc. It makes me want to learn how to make a Mint Julep and go sit in someone's rocking chair with my kin and talk about ya'll.
Two things I want in a front porch: room for a rocker and a Boston fern.
I'd actually take the porch in the picture:)
 
Part II of really great things about the south forthcoming.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment