Friday, January 25, 2013

This is the South?


Nice day, ice day...this was my alternate title. We woke up this morning to a quarter of an inch of ice covering everything. The storm started before dawn and lasted for the majority of the day. It was beautiful, but paralyzing. Dad was supposed to go have some surgery on his eye at 7:30 this morning...not happening. (That's what Scott said as he was sliding down the driveway.) By noon they had declared a state of emergency in Tennessee. I have actually only heard about that happening in places other than where I was occupying space.

These are some glimpses of the day...
 
 
 See the water on the van? Well, it's frozen..and stayed that way all. day. long.
 
 
 Freezing
Freezing
Froze
 
 

Gratuitous Danny shot..eating PB&J


 
Notice the white blossoms on the tree...well it's not blossoms, it ICE

 
The Blessed Mother in the ice
 
 

 
The trees behind the house after the storm

 
Danny cheezing it up
 
So we hunkered down, stoked the fire, and enjoyed a relaxing day. (Just between us, Scott and I are beginning to think our family lured us here under the guise of great weather.) It's supposed to be gone by tomorrow and up to forty-five degrees. By Tuesday it's "supposed" to be sixty.
I'll post more pictures when that happens.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee hee! Gotcha! Now you have to stay and head to Hobby Lobby with me :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete